Saturday 19 January 2013

Taco Bell, Lakeside Shopping Centre


Not a big fan of shopping at Lakeside, however I find the prospect of a visit very exciting for one important reason: the fact that one of only three Taco Bell restaurants in the UK can be found there!

I have been to Taco Bell quite a few times in the USA, and love it. I really think that Mexican food lends itself very well to fast food so a gradual re-launch of the brand in the UK (it failed the first time around and all closed in the 1990s) is a truly great thing. Possibly I have my rose-tinted spectacles on and enjoy it more because it is still something of a novelty? If so, long may it last.


One of the best things about Taco Bell are the nachos. With sour cream, salsa and guacamole they are great; and for 50p extra you can have chilli beef on top too! It is a monster portion.


I also really love the fact that there are four different types of hot sauce that you can add to your meal. These are Mild Border Sauce, Hot Border Sauce, Fire Border Sauce and Spicy Salsa Verde. You have to get one of each as they have very distinctive flavours. I seem to remember that in the USA you can get more sauces, including a Jalapeno Sauce for sure and I think one or two others also.


I had a couple of quesadillas for lunch today, one chicken and one pork, both were excellent. Incidentally, that is my daughter to my left and she had lunch from KFC, still hoping that she will broaden her culinary horizons and graduate to Taco Bell soon, other than stealing my nachos when she thinks I’m not looking!

Taco Bell makes Lakeside a favourite destination of mine; honestly not sure I look forward to any other meal more. Incidentally, the other two Taco Bell restaurants in the UK are in Basildon, Essex and at the Arndale Centre, Manchester. Technically there are three more Taco Bell’s: at the Strategic Air Command and at USAF bases at Mildenhall and Lakenheath but unfortunately you will need security clearance to visit!

You need Taco Bell in your life.

Taco Bell, Unit 426, Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex, RM20 2ZQ
Taco Bell, 4 Eastgate Centre, Basildon, Essex, SS14 1AF
Taco Bell, 25-27 Arndale Centre, Manchester, M4 3QA
www.tacobelluk.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment